Tuesday 9 August 2011

Thing 1, Thing 2: Better late than never

Well I have finally got started on 23 Things City.

Okay I have managed to set up a blog, not 100% about the name but I'm going to stick with it. Actually getting started is probably the hardest part of this especially as it has been set up at random and I don't have a real purpose for setting it up.
I have spent loads of time fiddling around with the different layouts and colour ways for my blog page and I'm sure I am going to spend loads more time fiddling around with it (interior design for the internet, I‘m loving it) I feel like I need to make curtains and cushions.
Enough, I must get started on actually writing about something. I have had a look at a few of our fellow bloggers blogs and at this present time because I am so far behind I am just getting confused. I don't know what to write about HELP!
I'm hoping that as I go along thing xyz will help me to compose something interesting. I did notice that a fellow blogger had something about knitting, not sure if it is tongue in cheek or the real deal, as I explained looking at other peoples blogs at the moment is just confusing me. I am trying to think of something to do with library work and I am afraid my mind is blank, I'm not sure if that means that the world of libraries is dull or that as I am doing it every day I don't want to write about it, only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I can assure you that all knitting posts are entirely, completely, and irrevocably serious. There are few things in life more serious than knitting. If you want to be bored for an hour do ask me to show you my Ravelry page.

    I like your background, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you on board! Don't worry about being slightly behind. It's your blog so you can blog in your own way, and don't have to follow how others have done it. For the programme you need to blog about your experiences of each Thing (you don't have to do the Cool Extra Things if you don't want to or don't have time. These are optional extras)

    So do each Thing, have a think about it, look at the examples we've listed, maybe find some more examples. Think about how you would or could (or not) use each Thing, either at work or at home.
    It's a chance to have a go, experiement, play around with some useful tools. You're not going to break anything so have a go!

    Rowena 23 Things Team

    ReplyDelete